Shipping & Delivery Options
We have many shipping and delivery options available for you to choose from, including:
- Free Local Pick Up from our Engadine store
- Standard Shipping $10.99 Australia Wide
- Express Shipping $14.95 Australia Wide
- Free Local pick up by YOUR courier.
- Free Shipping* (promotional periods only)
Free Local Pick Up
- Pickup your order from our Engadine store during opening hours. Please check location and opening hours.
- Local pick up orders are available for pick up the next business day.
- You will be required to sign for your order, confirming you have picked it up.
- You must provide Photo ID with you and you must be the person named on the order or the personal advised as the party picking up the order (please specify this in your order comments section).
Standard Shipping & Express Shipping
- We use Australia Post for dispatch. All packages will be sent tracked and a tracking number can be provided upon request.
- Standard Shipping delivery is dispatched within 2 business days of receiving your order, but delivery can take anywhere between 2-7 days, based on general Australia Post delivery times.
- Express Shipping Delivery - If you order before 2pm your order will be dispatched the same day, and will be delivered between 2-4 days, based on general Australia Post delivery times. Orders after 2pm, or on weekends will be dispatched the next business day.
- Australia Post delivers to most areas between 1-7 business days. Some areas can take around 10 working days (eg. WA) For approximate delivery times for your location, please see Australia Post's Delivery Speeds & Coverage.
- We make every effort to deliver by the estimated timeframe, but please be aware all dates specified are estimates only. We have no control over Australia Post delivery systems so can never guarantee your order will arrive within the time frames. We therefore cannot refund you in the event a parcel is delayed, until the parcel is deemed as lost by Australia Post.
- All orders shipped with Australia Post require a signature at the receiving end, unless you have given us “Authority to Leave”. To give ‘Authority to Leave” please give us clear instructions in the “ORDER NOTES” box at checkout, on where the goods can be safely left. However, we do recommend you do not give an “Authority to Leave” and fully inspect the goods before signing.
- Sydney Costume Shop, together with Australia Post will accept no responsibility once the goods are delivered &/or signed for, for any loss or damage that may/or has occurred.
- Australia Post do not deliver on weekends and as such our deliveries are based upon working days. During busy periods such as Christmas it may take a day or two longer than estimated so please allow for this when ordering.
- A calling card will be left if someone is not at the address to take delivery. It is then the customer’s responsibility to call the courier, who will then make arrangements for a convenient re-delivery time.
- If a package is returned to us by Australia Post through incorrect or insufficient delivery information being given to us by the customer (so we may label or pass the information on to the delivery company) or if delivery has been attempted and the customer has not responded to the card, then the cost to resend the package is at the customers expense. The package will not be resent until the extra postage charges have been paid. If a package is returned to us and the customer does not wish for us to resend the package then a refund will be given for the products ordered only, postage and handling charges (handling charge of $25) will not be refunded.
Free Local pick up by YOUR courier.
- You can also arrange your own courier pick up from our Engadine store -Please check location and opening hours.
- Please allow 24 hours from the time of ordering for pick up.
- Occasionally we may offer free shipping. This will be either automatically applied upon check out or a promotional code will be issued to redeem this special offer.